Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, June 1, 2015

Dia de gozo luz y paz


Thanks so much mom for the pictures! I loved them all! 
Transfers are here! And you guys won’t believe what’s going to happen. I’m going to be back with Hermana Maltos!! It’s crazy right?! We’re both going to be Hermana leaders in the city of Gascue I believe … and we are going to rock it! Hahaha I’m so happy that I’m going to be with her! And I know that I will be happy with her :D I joke around with people here that the Lord is putting me back with her because I didn’t learn from her from those first two transfers we had together when we were first companions lol but I’m stoked, I really am. And thanks dad, I will take your advice into account.
As for this past week, not much happened until Saturday. Why? Because that’s when Yuliana was baptized! It was great! The night before, we went over to her house with our group leader and our bishop and we had the opportunity to talk with her mom, who had a lot of questions. I think the other sisters that are coming are going to start giving her the lessons. The thing is that it’s hard to tell if she’s interested in the message or if she’s just being nice. But I know that she fully supports her daughter’s decision to be baptized. So the next day, we had her baptism! It turned out pretty good! There were 3 or 4 other people that were baptized with her and it was all really good :D We even made her leis of chocolate and cookies, which is what she likes. Then the next day she was confirmed a member of the church. She’s been waiting a long time to get baptized and she’s made a lot of changes in her personal life and in her thinking in order to enter into the fold. I’m so proud of her and so happy for her! Even though I’m not too sure when the next time I see her will be, I know that I will see her again and it will be a sweet reunion.
In our ward yesterday, there was also a Polynesian brother and sister who came to visit. He had served his mission in the north of the DR and is staying with someone who is in our group. And it was so great to have four polys together, you have no idea how much I miss all the polys and their fun! So it was pretty sweet :D Then, we also went to say bye to some members who I got really close with, and then we contacted. I didn´t really want to, and neither did my comp, but we had nothing else to do because it was mother's day ... aka. everyone is not home or if they are, they are partying. So we contacted a couple of houses, and after a couple awkward moments, we came to a house and called out to the daughter inside. She went back and got her dad and before we could say a word or introduce ourselves, he comes right up to the gate, unlocks it, and invites us in. At first, we were kinda sketchy because no one just does that. But then we started talking and he's super nice and cool! We asked if his wife was home, and he went back and brought her to talk with us. So we got to talk to this cute little family and when we started talking about the gospel, it all just clicked for them! Well, for the parents. They just understood everything. And the dad and I just got each other. I can't really explain it, but I would say something, then he would build off of it, then I would, and so on. It was amazing! And definitely a miracle! And I'm kinda sad that I won't be able to see their progress and where they go. But I have a good feeling about these three. It was an amazing experience to talk with them.

Anyway, that was the highlight for this week. I have never been so stoked for a transfer as I have been for the one that is here! I'm so excited to be back with my mexican sister again! and I know I will be happy and I hope she will be too. It's been a while :) Thank you all for all of your love and support and for always being there for me. Keep being examples and sharing the gospel. Honestly, that is the best way to share the gospel is through your examples. People are more observant than we may think and I know that as you read this, there are people watching your actions and wondering what it is the makes you shine, that makes you happy. Love you all and have a great week!

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

Me and my zone!


Me, my comp and one of our old district leaders


Us four sisters and another of our old district leaders. It was only us four and his comp, so he was the ¨president of the relief society¨hahahaha


Me and a less active member, Doris, who finally came to church!


Me and Saul, our crazy group secretary


This is the sanchez family (the one who fb requested mom) and they are a big help! Well, the dad helps us out a TON!

No comments:

Post a Comment