Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, June 22, 2015

Hakuna Matata

It means no worries!! Me and my comp might've sung that a couple times this week ... hahaha but it's okay. First of all, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to the best dad ever!! thanks for all that you have done for me and thefamily and for supporting me in my choices. I love you and wish I could video chat with you for this grand moment, but ... sorry, we know which gender is better :D just kidding! Love you dad!! 

Also, Congrats Ammon on receiving the M. Priesthood! I write it like that because I forgot how to spell it ... sorry. But that's so special! I'm learning more and more here in the mission the importance and grand responsibility it means to be worthy to possess this power of God. Use it wisely and always represent it, as you are know capable of doing many more miracles in the Lord's hands. 

So this past week was a little slow... we might've stayed in for a day cause of my ankle. Just to let you know, I'm getting some xrays done on it just to make sure that everything is okay. 

But yeah, slow week, physically. Man, i hate not being able to walk fast. But it's okay. The Lord knew I needed another lesson in humility and patience. So that's what I'm learning. And our ward here has taken a big turn around and has become very motivated to help us in the missionary work. We don't know what happened, but whatever it is, its good for us! 

So I'll take some time to talk about some experiences that I've had. First, when me and hermana Maltos were contacting a couple weeks back, we weren't having too much success. As we passed by an apartment building, an older man called out to us and asked us if we were okay. So we contacted him and were able to get a return appointment with him. his name is Rafael. I didn't know how much success we would have with him, but the Lord knows what his children need. And since the time we have contacted him, he came to church these past 2 sundays! And the 2nd time, in a white shirt and black pants (we hadn't even told or asked him to wear that!!). So we have a baptism date set for him on July 4th!

We have another elderly man who is also learning. Every time we pass by his house, we share outside and he likes to talk a lot. But he's a cute little man and he also has a date for the 4th! He has been through a lot of long days because he works all night as a watchman and so for him to come to church at 9am is a little hard. But he's done it once so far! 

Also, we are teaching a young woman called Shyna. She's 14 years old and has a ton of support from her YW president ... but not much from her family. But we are working so that she can be baptized in August. the only thing is that we need to share with her fmaily so that they can at least support her in keeping her covenants. 

These are only some of the few wonderful people that I have the opportunity to visit and get to know, but most important, get to share the gospel with. i've also learned a lot from my wonderful sister and companion hermana maltos. And I can truly testify that this is the true church of Jesus Christ that has been restored by our prophet Joseph Smith. There is a general conference talk from this past april that is titled something like "is it still wonderful to you?" and it talks about the restoration. I invite you all to read it and to study on the restoration. and then share it because it truly is a wonderful work and a glory to behold and to see it unfold. 

Thank you all for your love and support, your prayers, emails and letters. I'm sorry that I haven't had time to respond to you all or to write correct English, but please know that I remember you all and the roles you have played in my life, in my conversion. It doesn't matter if we only met for a couple seconds or for a couple months. What matters is that you have helped me to become who I am today and I thank you for that. Love you all and have a great week!

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment