Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, May 25, 2015

My Week :D


Sorry, so you probably saw what my week was like this past week. It was super good and super fun :D My comp and I are doing good. Transfers are next tuesday, so we are going to find out what happens to all of us. I already know one thing that is going to happen to me. We went to visit my mission president to have a companionship study with him (he's so great! you'd understand dad. We just had a comp study sesh with him and it was super good and he's super cool) and he told me in person that I'm going to be a sister training leader next transfer. Don't know if they had those when you served dad, just cause the number of sisters I don't think was so big. But basically the sister training leaders are over a certain number of sisters, usually the ones in their zone. Kinda like zone leaders but not quite. ... hahaha of all the people to choose, the Lord chose me and well, I guess you can say I feel quite inadequate and pretty humbled. I don't know where I'm going next transfer or who my companion will be, but that will be my assignment next week. Yeah, I'm pretty scared, but pretty excited for this next adventure. 

I don't have much to write this week, but I sent a lot of pictures that I hope you all enjoy. I'm not really sure if I wrote about our investigators yet, but if I did, I'll just give you a little update.

This Saturday, we are going to have a baptism of Yuliana. She is a 28 year old woman who is very independent and has been visiting the church for two years. She kinda has a mental problem (meaning she's super intelligent and smart and can do everything on her own, but she just sometimes has moments when she acts like a young girl.) But she is going to be baptized this week! And she is stoked! Hopefully her baptism will open the door for us to teach her parents. 

We are also visiting with a lady named Carmen. She is in her 40s and has been taking the lessons for a while. We put a baptism date with her for this saturday, but we are thinking of postponing it because we didn't have too many opportunities to visit and teach her more of the lessons. but she is super sweet and she makes her own juice to sell. 

Moises is a 10 year old kid we are teaching that is so ready for baptism and has been taking the lessons and going to church with his grandma for a good year now! But his mom wants to wait for his dad to come before he can be baptized. The thing is, his dad lives in new york ... and we have no idea when he is coming. but we shall see :)

We also are teaching a family, the familia Ferrera. They consist of 2 parents and 3 kids, 2 boys, and 1 girl and they are pretty amazing! We've only taught them a couple of times, but they seem to be ready to hear the gospel. They actually found us. We were walking down the street one day, just talking in english and laughing when the dad called out to us and asked us where we are from. So we talked to them for a little and set up a return appointment and are now continuing to teach them. they are pretty cool :D

We also have this girl named Flor who we are teaching. She's very shy, but she seems to have interest in the church. There are some problems in her family that they are working on, (half are members), but we are hoping to be able to help her feel comfortable in church and gain a testimony so that she can feel ready to be baptized. 

Anyway, that's about all for now. Sorry that it's a little long, but this was my week :) There were tons of miracles that happen and that are still happening. Maybe you can see them in each email, maybe not. But the Lord is working miracles here in the DR and I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to see them all happen and hopefully help some of them happen. I hope you all have a great week and do lots of fun activities with the family! Just take some pics and enjoy the water for me! :D Love you all and take care!

Love, aloha, y amor, 
Hermana Ho


I got to drive my mission president’s car!  It’s super nice



Ask any of these three girls :D


Went to the mission office to speak with our mission president! It was a long ride there and I was super tired ... and we waited for a good while too. But it was a good time to take a few pics of us and of our beautiful office! (yeah, might've cleaned it with my comp while we waited ... we were a little bored.)



We got locked out of the house one day .... and our area is super far and we had to use the bathroom. So while we waited, we took some selfies ... don't mind us, it was after a long day and a long ride in the guagua (guagua means a long bus ride crammed with people in the heat, with the driver speeding and stopping ... yeah, it gets a little nausous in there ...)




From our rooftop ... we were still locked out of the house. So here you can see a little where live. Those black things are the tinacos I always talk about that store our water. Everyone has one here! And yes, i got bored again so I tried to be photographer. not bad, right?



yes, we were still locked out. And it was a long morning, if you can't tell hahaha




Played pictionary for our group missionary activity and it turned out pretty good. Not a lot of people came, but it was fun :)




Today for pday, we got together with some of our old friends in our zone, Elder Sauceda, from Honduras, and elder Herrera, from Guatemala. We just played uno, ate, and played some soccer. And then went out in the rain. Yes, those three girls have problems. And believe or not, I'm forced to live with them!! hahaha jk jk i love them all :D



No comments:

Post a Comment