Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, January 5, 2015

And a Happy New Year!


So, thank you on the update on life! Sorry dad, I didn't write early this morning. We went on a little adventure here in Hato Mayor with our mission leader and his family. They have a ... campo? it's like property, land property, and they have like pigeon peas growing there, chinola, cows, sugar cane, not much, but yeah they have that and they invited us there for lunch with them too and it was completely awesome! But anyway, that's why I'm writing a lot later. 

So, this past week was chill. Nothing new really. Oh, except on January 1, we couldn't leave the house until 3pm because of all the after effects of the partys and stuff. And later, when we did leave at 3pm, there were a TON of people drinking and a lot of peopleout in the streets on their motorcycles and stuff and me and my comp didn't feel very comfortable (physically and maybe the Holy Ghost too, played a role in that). so we called our district leader (who is from this country) to ask his opinion and he told us if we didn't have any set appointments, it's best to return home. So return home we did! I don't know what would've happened if we stayed out, but I'm glad I didn't get to find out. This weekend is party weekend too. No idea why. But everyone is calling it "dias de los reys"or "king days." well, I'm pretty sure these people find every excuse to party (that came from the mouth of a lot of people here, not just mine!). 

But yeah, life here is good :) Dad, you asked about the appointment we had with the catholic. It was actually very good! We went to her house and she looked for her BOM, brought it to us, read something out of 3 Nephi about not having repitious prayers, and said "you know, I agree with this. I think this is really good." yada yada yada ... "and you know, the people in church, they just talk and talk and talk and I don't have a chance to talk." "Wow hermana. Before we begin, can you offer the opening prayer?" "Me?" "Yes, you"well, okay." she gave the prayer and was so honored to. And later we talked about the BOm and she likes it cause it's similar to the Bible. I think she's got potential! But we shall see. 

As for our other investigators, we have 3 with baptismal dates but all of them have their personal trials (a lot has to do with family and priorities). It's hard to tell someone what they need to do when you haven't experienced it for your self. For me, anyway. And it's hard to tell someone to fear God more than man. But everyone has their own agency. I just don't want to say or think "We tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen! You didn't do what we told you to do!" when the 2nd coming comes. I think that's gonna be the hardest part about the 2nd coming. I think we're going to see the faces of all these people and be like , I'm sorry, I tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen. Or I'm sorry, I told you what needed to be done, but you didn't follow those things. Or the other thing I fear is if I have to say, I'm sorry, I saw you, and I thought about sharing the gospel with you, but I didn't because I was scared. Yeah, i think those are the things I fear most about the second coming. Having to apologize to people, whether or not it was my fault that they did or didn't hear the gospel. other than that, I'm excited to see Christ again and to finish the last part of our journey in the Plan of Salvation!

On a happier note, I'm going to be setting some goals and so we'll see how that goes! As a missionary, you set goals every week for your investigators, but I realized I can help thjem if I set goals for myself too. So, I have an experiment, but I'll see how it goes. 

Anyway, love you all and take care! Have an amazing week and keep up the good work in all that you do! Talk to you all soon!

Love and aloha, 
Hermana Ho

P.S. thank you for your love and support for me, in prayers, packages, letters, fasts, and emails. It really does mean a lot to me here and I greatly appreciate all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment