Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, January 19, 2015

Life in the DR


Okay, so yes, thank you all so much for all of your love and support, your emails, and also for the package! It was nice to receive and to share the white rabbit candy with everyone. My companion pointed out to me that the white rabbit candy tastes like a candy that we have here, called dulce de leche or milk candy. I like both! :D

So this past week, we went to the temple! Man, it was a beautiful experience! As always. But what made it even more special was that I took Piwai through with me (aka my family name that was sent to me:D) It was awesome. And I think she's been waiting for a while to receive these ordinances. It was also nice to be with some of the missionaries from different parts of the mission and to see them again. I hope that you guys can go the temple as often as you can! Also, idk when we are going to the temple again, but if you can, please keep looking for family names! Not only to complete family history work, but because this, in and of itself, is missionary work. Like earthly missions, there are many people waiting specifically for you to do their work, to bring them the gospel. I know when we do family history work, we are helping those on the other side of the veil. 

Dad, to answer your question: no, we don't have the program with splits with the missionaries. Our branch is tiny and the only people eligible to go on a mission are young men lol oh and one young woman. But I will ask around about it because that could really help some other people in other areas. And sorry, I remember you trying to get me to do splits haha but I had work and stuffs. I think the mini mission would be good for Ammon, if he wants to do it. As they say, you don't know what the mission life is like until you've been a missionary. 

The mission here is good. We have a lot of people progressing. Sorry, I don't have any crazy stories ... oh wait, no I do have one. But first, I'll tell you about the people. One guy we just started teaching was a contact from November and since we met him, he would always pass by in the streets on his motor cycle and say hi to us. one week ago, he came to church. By himself. No one else. The guy's brave! And he said he liked the church! We had our first lesson with him after that, and wow, the guy is ready to be baptized! Heavenly Father prepared him and now I think he's ready! Also, with Noelia, she is doing well. Still having problems, but it's only a matter of time before she enters into baptism. We also have the Diaz family, a couple, who are slowly but surely on their way to deciding to be baptized. Literally with them, it's little by little. They've known the gospel for 1 year now, and they know that the church is true and that they need to be baptized. But they are waiting to give the final yes or no. But I think once they do, they will be strong in their decision. 

So crazy story. Here in Hato Mayor, there are some people with some mental problems. We have two older guys who come to church with some mental problems. one is super intelligent and paints. The other ... is real crazy. But apparently, before his loco problems, he was a very intelligent sophisticated man. Anyway, yesterday, that guy, the crazy number 2, came to church. (by the way, he's in love with my companion). He came up to us and said something to us then started singing "Dios es el senor! Dios es el senor! Hosana! Hosana!" which translates to "God is our Lord! God is our Lord! Hosanna! Hosanna!" Hahaha crazy guy. I think he sang to every class yesterday hahahaha it was so funny!

Anyway, so that's it for now. I hope all is going well back home and that everyone is doing ok. Thank you so much for your love and support for the missionaries! We really appreciate all the prayers for us and the love that accompanies them. I love you all and will see you all soon before you know it! 

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment