Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Kamalei participated in Alana's baptism!





Much to Alana's surprise, I asked Kamalei in the beginning of January if she would like to give the Baptism talk at Alana's baptims.  On the pday before Alana's baptism, I received Kamalei's talk and Alliyah read it over the podium at the baptism.  It was really special.... and here's the talk:


A Baptismal Talk for a Special Person ;)

Hola! Como estan! Hey everyone! Thank you for your emails and for your love and support! Also, thank you for the package! I got the photo thingy and if I have time after this email, I'm going to try and send some pictures! But first things first, i got a talk all ready, so I'm going to send that, if that's okay. Here it is:

First of all, I just want to say congratulations Alana! I'm so proud of you and your decision to be baptized! You are about to take a very important step that is going to change your life! 

Today, I've been asked to give a small talk on baptism. In a few minutes Alana, you will be walking into the baptismal font with Ammon to be baptized by immersion. Once you come out of the water, you will be completely clean of all sins, being perfect. All the mistakes you made before this moment will be washed away completely and you will be a new person. 

Not only will you be completely clean, but after you receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost, you will become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. as members of the church, we promise the Lord that we will always remember Him, that we will keep His commandments, and that we will take upon us His name. In turn, the Lord promises to always be with us. These promises that we make with the Lord are called covenants, and each Sunday, we can remember our baptismal covenants or promises we make with the Lord through the sacrament. As we take the sacrament, we should listen to the sacrament prayers. I know you have waited a loooooong time to take the sacrement! As you take the sacrament, you should also remember this day, your baptism day, and the promises you made with the Lord. We are not perfect, and we may make mistakes. But always remember that our Heavenly Father loves us and will help us. Before I close, I want to share a part of a scripture with you from the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 5:7. This is King Benjamin talking to his people, giving them counsel. But I'm going to change the scripture around and adde your name into it. As I read this, think of how much your Heavenly Father loves you. It says: And now, Alana, because of the covenant (or promises) which ye have made (or will make this day), ye shall be called (a child) of Christ, ... his daughter." You are a daughter of God Alana and real soon, will be HIs representative. I know He is proud of you for taking this grand step in your life, as am I. I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves us. I know that it is through baptism and through keeping and remembering our baptismal covenants that we can live with Him again for time and all eternity. I love you so very much and  congratulate you on this special day.

These things I say in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love, Hermana Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment