Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, July 27, 2015

You gotta have hope


Hey hey hey!! Not much happened this week in the mission field. honestly, it's kind of a struggle to get lessons here. It's fine contacting. The hard part is when no one let's you in their house after 2.5 hours of contacting. My ankle is doing good, until after 3 hours of not having sat down, then it starts to bother me a little. But it's okay. I know that the Lord has put me in this city for a reason. And that He has prepared some people for me. The members here are great! they feed us every weekend (it's the only time that we are allowed to eat with them) and there is always someone that we can leave with to go to our citas. Speaking of which ...

There is a recent convert in our ward whose name is Claudio. He's 18 years old and was baptized like 4 or 5 weeks ago. but, he is a great example to me. He has a hard past, but this kid leaves with us every day. It's thanks to him that we have a lot of citas with members present. He's great! Even though sometimes I have a bad day, or sometimes all the appointments fall through, we go and pick him up and he cheers me up a lot. And sorry mom and dad, but I've decided that he's my second brother! (No worries, Am, no one can beat you, you're still my number one!!) But Claudio is looking toward going on a mission in a year and is working towards that. 

I think this area is teaching me to appreciate the small things that we have here in the mission. The fact that we are slowly finding people and have found a couple of families. We haven't been able to teach them too much. Honestly, up until now, I haven't really had too many 2nd appointments in these two weeks ... number wise, it's not good. But the part that counts is that I'm trying, as is my companion.  And I know that we are strengthening ourselves and also those who we find.

Anyway, that's about it for this week. If you guys have any suggestions on how I can do better, let me know! Thank you all for your love and support. Have a great week!

Love, aloha, y amor,
hermana ho



Idk if I sent these yet, but here's some members from my last ward in via francisca.  

with a less active member that we reactivated.


with the little boy is a member with her mom who we were teaching

With a member family


my old bishop and his wife


a member family that was in our ward.


My old ward mission leader and his family 


two women, Leonilda and Mayda, who changed my life forever hahaha they are amazing and they always had references for us and were willing to leave with us. Truly dedicated member missionaries. 


the old man is one of my old investigators, Rafael. Love him!


some of the amazing members that were in my ward!!


me and my new roomates, hermana Jensen (from texas) and Hermana Garcia (from Honduras).


an area here in gascue, my area.


I was trying to be all photographer with my comp hahaha idk if it worked.






yups, just to prove to you guys that I'm still the same and that I'm ok. ... and no, we didn't know that her tongue was blue in this moment lol




No comments:

Post a Comment