Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, July 13, 2015

Which Joseph?


Yay!! Glad you got the letters! Whew, wasn't sure if it was going to make it or not.  My ankle is doing ok. It's still bigger than the other one, the doctor said the swelling will go down in 6 months ... whoopie hahaha but it just bothers me if we walk more than normal. 

Anyways, this week was a long one. It was one of those look for the tiny miracles week. Literally every day all of our appointments fell through and we didn't have much success contacting either. It was rough. But me and my companion are being transferred together to the neighboring city called Gascue. We aren't the most excited to go here because it's a hard area, with hardly any progressing investigators and lots of contacting. But I know that the Lord has prepared people for us, whether they are members, less actives, or investigators, they are waiting. I have faith :D It was hard to say good bye to the members here in Via Francisca. I think that's the hardest part about the mission is saying Bye because you don't know when you'll return see your friends and family again ... but it's okay. I'll never forget them. Okay, maybe their names, but I'll never forget how they affected my life :D

Our mission president gave a talk about Joseph and I've been studying it for a while now. You ask, which one? The coat of many colors Joseph and also Joseph Smith. In a sense, all Joseph's are related to each other. But these 2 stories are almost exactly alike! It begins with Joseph the beloved egyptian and how his story is similar to that of Christ's. I won't say to much because I would like you all to read it and see how it can relate to Christ's life. But i'll give you a start: Jospeh had brothers who didn't listen to him and hated him, so they sold him into Egypt. Christ, as well, was hated by many. Jospeh avoided the temptation of Potipher's wife; Christ, the temptation of glory and honor and riches. Because of his decision, Joseph was thrown into prison; Christ died. But then what happened? And how does all of this relate to Jospeh Smith? I'll leave it at that so that you can all study the story. It's in Genesis 45 and onward I believe. But read about it and think and then write me what you guys found out next week :D 

Anyway, thank you all for your love and support! I love hearing from you all! take care and be safe and have a great week!

Love, aloha, y amor, 
Hermana Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment