Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, March 23, 2015

It’s Hard To Believe That I Couldn’t See...


Dad, thanks for the offer for the shower, but me and hermana Fletcher tried that a long time ago (her mom sent her one) and it didn't work to well, especially with my hair, if you know what I mean lol. I got too much of it and there wasn't enough of a force in the water to wash it all lol as for the headlamp, i should be ok. we have an inversedor, like a ... generator, but not a generator ... that gives us light 24,7. but recently, a lot of our leaders have been talking to us about emergency preparedness so I think something is coming our way. if you have any advice of what more I can put in my 72 hour kit, that'll be good, but I basically have everything that we would put in our kits in our house (when we'd do it as a family). But if you have any cool tricks that'll be helpful, let me know!! :D

Also, thank you for the package! Oh man, my birthdays just get better and better each year! Thanks mom and dad for letting me come to a tropical island for my birthday! It's beautiful and so relaxing! Man, i love just sitting in the house in A.C. eating chocolates all day, and talking to the dominicans. hahaha jk but really thanks for sending me to a tropical island. It is one of the best gifts I could've ever received! And the package! wow, let's just say that my comp and I are stoked. I think I'm going to teach my district a little about haole brownies this thursday ;) i almost cried, yeah. But for my birthday, my roommates are amazing! The day before, we had a zone meeting, so I had the embarrassing privilege of getting happy birthday sung to me. I share a birthday with an elder too who’s super cool! he's my zone leader and his name is Elder McCombs. Then afterwards, Hna McFarland took me to a room and when she opened the door, I got balloons in my face and horns honked and a big "happy birthday!" haha my district surprised me (quite literally) with a surprise birthday party and they even had a cake which Hna Hernandez and Gingell made in our own house without me knowing! It was a great birthday :) and then the night before my birthday, they secretly decorated the house. I would send pictures of all of these things, but I'm scared to do it because the place where we are at, hna. hernandez said that she tried to send home pictures but when she plugged in the memory card to the hardrive, it wiped out her pics from her memory ... soooo i'm not going to take any chances. but it was an amazing birthday. Then that night, we went to have a FHE with a family and they all sang a birthday song to me ... idk which one it was cause i've never heard it before hahaha but yeah. it was a wonderful one.

The past couple days have been a little rough. We don't have a lot of progressing investigators, some people blamed us for things that they think we didn't do, but we actually did, tons weren't home, and we've received a lot of overwhelming responsibilities from the ward which I don't know if it's our responsibility to accept and do, as missionaries. But, so is the missionary life. I turned a lot to the general conference talks, scriptures and prayer. It's kinda a hard adjustment for me here, still, but it's okay. It's a part of the change that I need to make to become better and the Lord knows what i need. As for the title of this email, yes, it's from high school musical. One, because Hna Gingell sings a lot of high school musical and this song especially (hahahaha i love her so much! If you guys get to see her in may, she is hilarious!) and two, because I did see something knew that i missed. I read an article in the General conference issue from this past conference titled "The Lord has a plan for us" by Elder Godoy i believe and it was really really good! It's made me look at my patriarchal blessing in a whole different way! So, I invite you all to read that talk and if you don't have a patriarchal blessing, to get one asap. If you do, read it and see what you can do or need to do to change your life to receive the promised blessings that are in there. I just wrote down what I can do this morning and it's amazing at the revelation or new insights you can receive.

Anyway, this is all for know. I love you all and know that you are in my prayers every day. I think of everyone often and whatever opportunity I get, I share Hawaii and it's people with my friends and family here in the DR. Thank you for everything and have a great week!

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment