Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, October 12, 2015

Let’s go crazy crazy crazy ‘til we see the sun!

Wow! Sounds like and looks like everything is going good! Thanks for the emails and also for the updates :D And I'm glad that the missionaries are getting to know the ward members! that's key from what I found out here. Just a little from the missionary's perspective, as missionary's we're here to strengthen the families in our ward too and to serve them in whatever way that we can. So what did you guys learn from the two missionaries from their little visit? and if you ever need them to serve you guys in any way, call them! To build the wall that we have, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to do it (it's a struggle to find people willing to let us serve them, even if it's just the dishes they don't let us!! lol). 

But hey! Yeah, everything is going good! Man, this was a long week, but a fast one. It's one of those times in the mission where I just think "wow, this sucks" because I just know this time is going to fly now. It's gonna be a crazy transfer!! Thus, the title of this email. And plus, it's stinkin hot and I'm dying. But that's besides the point. so, update on life... we have 6 sisters in one house! crazy huh? One sister is new in the mission field, one is waiting for her visa to go to Mexico to serve her mission. Another one has the same amount of time as me in the mission. And the other is training the newbie. And then there's me and my comp :D Hermana Anderson is amazing!! She's from Utah and for this time, she is my companion. She reminds me of mom: just creative, full of ideas, always happy, always positive, and just gets along with everyone!! I was stoked to get her as my companion and I'm looking forward to these transfers with her (I hope I have my last transfer with her too!!). We had to adjust and organize and rearrange the house to fit 6 comfortably, so we were living in clutter for a while, but all is well now and we have divided the area to be able to accommodate 6 sisters :D It's super fun!! 

As for the missionary work, because we divided the areas differently than before, some things have changed. But I just feel pumped up for these next months and so excited to help people change. idk what it is really ... something is different, but I like it! Cifrida got confrimed this past Sunday and we are going to work with her to go to the temple!! She's so great and is working with one of our other investigator's to get her to church too! As for Mireya, we're working slowly but surely with her. She's set aside 2 days now to not drink coffee and she's been following it!! We're just having problems teaching her about how God, Jesus, And the Holy Ghost are 3 separate beings ... any suggestions? The Fam. Jimenez is also doing good. Idk if I told you guys about them, but they are a couple, who has a son in the mission in Mexico. They know that the church is true and they want to be baptized, but they don't want to be pressured into it ... and he says that he wants to dedicate all the time to the church, but that includes going to church ... but he coaches baseball. So we are working on helping them realize the necessity to go to church and are going to have a little "temple tour" with them one day. We'll see if it helps. We also visited the Family Guzman, a family of four. They are doing okay ... we have small problems in the family that we need to work out... but I think they have a lot of potential. We'll see how it goes. 

One thing that I've learned this week is to just talk to the people you know. Sometimes in church or in classes or in our homes, we pass up opportunities or take advantage of the opportunities we have to talk to other people. because we think they'll always be there or we know enough about them. But there's always something new to learn about them, and Hermana Anderson has been a great example to help me realize this. Even though I have 3 months in the ward, I still haven't talked to some people for certain reasons. Or living in the same house, I could do better with talking to the sisters I live with. So, this week I invite you not only to talk to someone new, but also to someone that you see every day, whether it's someone you live with, someone in church, someone in school, talk to them and show your love for them. And I can promise you that you'll learn something new :)

Well, love you all and take care! Love every moment, live it up, and don't be afraid to take the lead :D 

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

P.S. Mom and family, thanks for the package! I loved it and us sisters have been enjoying the chocolates and candies maybe a little too much ... :DThanks so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment