Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, October 19, 2015

Happy Days :D

Hola!! Thanks for your emails and for the words of encouragment and advice! i loved all of it! 

As for what's going on over there,  I testify to that too, that if we put our faith in the Lord, and do what we can, it will all work out :) These weeks I've been setting better goals (well, working on setting better goals and completing them) to be able to improve in certain things. This week, I've chosen to live the law of consecration. Idk if you guys have heard of the talk "the Fourth Missionary" but that goal is based off of this talk. I've really learned the importance of goal setting, goal keeping, and goal completing these past couple weeks, and have set goals that I hope will help me become a better missionary. This week I planned to live the law of consecration, to not count the cost it takes to do something. For example, when we teach someone, all that person sees is the lesson that is being presented. What they don't see is the hours of experience and studying put into those 30 minutes, the prayers, the practices, the nerves, the energy to walk to their house, the things done to be worthy to have the spirit. And it's the same with all of us. But when we are in the work of the Lord, or even doing something that we know is right, we shouldn't look at how much it cost us to get the result, but rather we should look at the blessings that followed. It's a goal that I have to work on, and to learn. So, with these goals that we set, and with our faith in the Lord, and with doing our part, I know that everything will be okay mom. :D Thanks for all that you do! You and dad truly are a gift from the heavens.
So, quick update on the mission life before I leave: Mireya is doing okay. She's trying and I think that's what counts the most. Saohny is going to get baptized this Saturday! I'm so excited for her! She's been waiting fo rthis moment for a long time and I'm glad that it's finally come :) We are going to be taking a family to the temple this week too, the familia Jimenez and I'm excited for them to see the temple up close and be able to have a different spirit in the lesson. As for living with five other sisters ... there's never a dull moment :D hahaha I love them all so much! Next week, one will be leaving because her visa is ready and she will continue serving her mission in Mexico. And we will get another missionary that will join our group. But it truly is a blessing to live with these girls, even if only for a small moment. And my comp is awesome!! Hahaha we've had so much fun together and I feel like she's my other half ... idk where she's been this whole time lol! But, that's about it for me. There's been tons of smiles and tons of laughs, thanks to these 5 sisters and it's gonna be hard to leave them. But, gotta make the most of it now! 

Thanks for all your love and support, your prayers and your words of advice. I love you all and take care!!

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment