Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, September 14, 2015

This Girl is on FIRE!!


Good to know that some island is getting rain!! Cause we aren't getting any!! It's dry, down to the palms of my hands!! Yes, dad, if you can believe it, my hands have been super dry lately ...kinda freaks me out but we seriously haven't been getting any rain. As for my ankle, I realize now how much of a miracle it was that I got up and walked 3 days after I sprained my ankle or whatever it was ..It still bothers me sometimes, but it truly is a miracle that I'm all good, and getting better every day. I don't feel fatigue .. I don't think ... but I'm dealing really good now with being tired ... at least I think so. i found a solution. Mom always said fake it til you feel it. And so ... I smile! And in the end, I really do feel energized from smiling and laughing ... so that makes the work a little easier :D 

Anyway, this was a great and crazy week! We had a zone conference with President Corbitt and his wife and it was super good and indepth! I can't really explain everything that happened, but we studied Isaiah 3 and how it related to us missionaries and the work we are doing to help  rescue these people from these things that are happening right now.. It was a super deep subject and I liked it a lot. Maybe we can study it when I get back. it was super good and I got to see a lot of friends. Also, me and Hermana Maltos presented an english program in the conference. We had been working on it for the past couple of months and she presented in English (her first time speaking in English in front of a whole bunch of people!! I was so proud of her!!) and I in Spanish. So we're hoping to see a lot of success from this program. It's to help those who don't speak english to learn english in the course of their time here in the mission. Also, BYU Idaho's pathway program has accepted this program and test to be able to qualify to enter into the program. So .., we'll see how it goes :)

It's a crazy week and another crazy one to come as we prepare for our baptisms. Everything is still the same status, although with Saohny, we might need to change her baptism date. But she is still doing good. And Cifrida has changed. She has been an amazing example to me! This past week we went to her house and she had two friends over sot that we could share with them too! (whether they wanted to hear us out or not is a good question, but this woman is firm!) Then, we saw her walking to church on Sunday (even though its difficult for her because of her knees), alone, in the rain, because she wanted to pass by her friend's house to take her to church. Cifrida didn't want to wait for her husband to pick her up because she knew he would be late. And he was. And then she shared the gospel with a friend she saw in the street. She truly has the light of christ shining within her and I hope that her husband can see that she is changing. I love her. I love all the people we have here and the members and the people that we are meeting every day. I hate to say this, but I really don't want to go home ... hahahaha sorry mom and dad. But I know that one day I'll have to ... and I can only hope that my work has been good for the Lord. 

Love you all and take care!! Thank you for the emails and prayers. Please "mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort," serve all those around you with love and don't be afraid to express it openly. Love you all and take care!

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment