Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, August 10, 2015

Do You Believe in Miracles?


Hey hey hey! Glad to hear that things are going well out in Hawaii! Thanks for the emails and the updates on life back home. I'm sorry to hear that Brother Matagiese passed away. I don't remember him by name, but by face, probably. But if there's one thing I have a stronger testimony about, it's the plan of salvation and how I'm truly grateful for the work that we do for our families. The plan of salvation doesn't take away the hurt or the pain that we have when we lose a loved one, but it gives us a little more comfort to know that we will see our loved ones again. 

So, can't say this has been the best week in my mission, but it sure has been one of miracles. This past Sunday was the first sunday we had more than one investigator in church! That was exciting! One of the investigators we had was Saohny, a 12 year old girl, who came with her inactive mom and inactive brother! Tonight we have an FHE with the family and hope that we can take them to see the temple this week. Another lady is the wife of a recent convert. Her name is Cifrida. She's a sweet lady and we've gotten along really well with her. And she talks a LOT!! But she has knee problems, so it was kinda hard to find a ride to get her to church (her husband was out of town, or usually he drives), but she came and she liked it a lot! Another investigator's name is Chichi. He sews professionally and makes clothes for people and has never come to church, even though he has the day off. But he finally came!! And I think he liked it too!! And last, we helped a lady one day carry a heavy suitcase all the way to her house. When I say house, I mean a small little house built out of some wood plankes (is that what they're called?) and set up on the side of a building. Literally. And we invited her to come to church after. Three weeks later, (this past sunday), she came. I didn't get a chance to talk to her before she left, but it definitely was a miracle. 

I'm happy and I love doing the Lord's work. The thought of going home scares me, so it's easy to forget about home for a little while. But I'm grateful for that a short period of time, I can hopefully be the Lord's hands and do his will. 

Thank you for the emails and the love and support and hope you all have a great week!

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

Birthday Party we had for one of the sisters:



All my sisters that have been in Hato Mayor with me at one point.  Yes, Hermana Fife was there before I got there!

Also, a couple great friends that I made on the mission, one of whom left last week to go home.  :(


Went to see some caves today and it was super cool!  These pictures don't do it justice but I hope you can see a little bit of it :D










No comments:

Post a Comment