Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, April 20, 2015

When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed


Okay, so I got time to write today yes!! So much has gone down that I'm excited and scared for, but first things first: 
Thank you for the package! I haven't recieved it yet, but rumor has it that it's in the office. So I'll probably get it on Thursday. As for the stamps, don't worry about it, it's not an emergency. And I'm using the ipod and the speakers. Well, and so are my housemates. Speaking of which, you get to meet all of them soon! Oh shoot, I'm jumping ahead. Yes, that is next transfer. Aka, tomorrow. :D And no worries, my area is not sketchy. Or maybe things are less sketchy as a missionary. sometimes I forget it's not the norm in the US. haha now it's just the norm here in the DR.  And mom, you're going to do great with the lesson! Don't even worry :) and what a cool story! It shows how the Lord makes us all instruments in His hands, even when we don't even know it. We can see the importance of needing to be good examples to all and to fulfill our callings, because that's when the miracles come, when we least expect it. 

So, here's what's going down. I have so much to tell you, not even joking! But anyway, so, yes, transfers are tomorrow. And my whole entire house is moving. yes, that means all four of us have another transfer together. Woo hoo! And so you get to see Hermana Hernandez again :D and meet my companion, Hermana McFarland, and Hermana Gingell! I'm so excited! Anyway, we are all moving to this place in the same stake called Amalia. ... Nope, not a ward. ... again no, not a branch. Yes, guys, I'm moving into a group. A group of about 45 people that meet on sundays in a house. And this is the first time sisters are going to be here. I'm stoked! It's going to be rough, but I'm glad they are keeping the four of us together because we're going to help each other whitewash this place. No, we don't even have a baptismal font. Well, if you count an inflatable pool as one then i guess we do. It's so crazy! And for this reason, we are moving out today. I'm pretty sure we are moving into a house that is even smaller than the one we have right now ... But that's okay. It doesn't matter because the work in Amalia is going to be AMAZING! 

So that's what's going down here. Also, something amazing happened on Saturday. Idk if you remember the Familia Diaz from Hato Mayor, but the couple got baptized this past Saturday!! I was so happy for them. And another cool thing: I got permission to go!! :D Here's what happened: So the Wednesday before, the sisters who are there (Hermana Nazaire and her companion, Hermana Ortiz) called me and told me that Hermana Diaz asked if I could come to the baptism. But we had so much to do. Of course I wanted to go, it would've been a dream! But at the same time, we had to prepare our area for the elders we knew who would come and whitewash here, plus look for a house for them, plus do a ward activity on Saturday. On top of that, it's about 300 to 400 pesos to get to Hato Mayor from where I'm at, including a 3 to 4 hour guagua ride. It was a lot of time and a lot of money. So friday night, I called the sisters back and heartbrokenly told them I wouldn't be able to make it to the baptism, but to tell the family I said congrats and that I love them. I was really bummed. I woke of the next morning thinking of them. As I was studying in the morning, an elder working in the office called. I was so scared because this was the day they were calling everyone about transfers and who was going to be leaders or whitewashing and stuff. I was scared. Here's or conversation: 
"Hermana Ho, do you have any baptisms today?" 
"no ..."
"Do the other sisters have any baptisms today?" 
"Not that I know of."
"Well there's a baptism today in Hato Mayor."
"Yeah I know elder, it's the Familia Diaz." 
"Well, would you like to go?" 
I couldn't even think! "I would love to go elder! But the thing is does the Lord want me to go?"
"well, President Corbitt has given you and Hermana Hernandez permission to go because she was also in Hato Mayor with you. We would swing by at 4pm to pick you guys up."
"I'll talk to my companion"
Hermana Hernandez, when she heard, just screamed and the both of us were stoked! Plus, we wouldn't have to pay for a guagua and the elders were willing to drive us there! All in all, these plans worked out perfectly! And with the permission from our companions, we went. And it was wonderful :D I saw everyone again from Hato Mayor and the baptism was so amazing! I almost cried. ALMOST. but I didn't :D I'll send some pics when I can. But it was a surprise that the two of us were coming. Only the other sisters knew. It was such a blessing from the Lord that I could see this wonderful family, my family, be baptized. The Lord works in mysterious ways and His blessings are wonderful indeed :) 

There were so many things going on this past weekend and I haven't slept too much with everything going on. But I'm excited for this new adventure in my life. This past week has been crazy. Crazy, crazy crazy! preparing our area, transfers, packing, moving, the baptism, going to Hato Mayor, actually seeing the familia Diaz get baptized! I remember telling Hermana Nazaire that I KNOW that the family will get baptized, I just don't know if I'll be around to see it. haha and wow, does the Lord bless us. In our crazy lives that we live, sometimes we pass up the blessings that the Lord has for us. Or sometimes we forget to count them. And in this process, we don't see that the blessings outnumber and outshine the trials. It took me Saturday to realize that. I hope that it doesn't take you a long time to realize how merciful our Heavenly Father is to us and how much He wants to bless us. We just need to look for those blessings, to strive for them, and to share them. 

I'm grateful that I have this time to serve Him, and not only that, but also for you all who support and pray for us missionaries. Thank you all! I love you all so much and I'm really sorry if I don't email or write you all back. But thank you all for everything! Love you and take care!

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment