Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, April 27, 2015

I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus

Hey guys! It's really good to hear from you all :) Thanks for your emails and for keeping me updated. And nice, we have a lot of Returned missionaries! I'm glad to hear that they are all doing good and thriving. They are probably leaving with the Missionaries a lot too haha and in that picture, I thought that was Kawika!!! Is the guy growing his hair out?! 

So can't say that this week has been the easiest I've had. As you can see by the title of this email, I'm trying hard to be like Jesus. And in the process, more trials come up haha I'm trying to develop the Christ-like attributes that are found in Preach My gospel, but it's super hard. But the group I am in is super helpful! The members have been super nice and loving and so willing to help. Our group leader/future branch president (hopefully) is amazing. There is also a member that took us around to visit all of our investigators and all the members who live in our area. It was sweet! And we've found a TON of new investigators! There's been a lot of little miracles that the Lord has blessed me with, despite everything else. I realize that this is probably the most difficult week I've gone through since my first couple transfers, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. But, so is the life. As we try to become my Christ-like, Satan works harder. There's a saying that I like that one of my professors said: "Satan works hard to bring us down. So we need to work like the devil to stay ahead of him!" And it's true :) But I can testify that the harder that we try to stay ahead, the more the Lord helps us too. We do our part, and He does His (DyC 82:10).

So I'll just tell you all a little about my area: it's not as big as Hato Mayor. In fact, it all fits on a map! It's a fairly new area and one of the fastest growing communities in all the DR. We have tons of apartment buildings and tons of super nice and priveleged homes. I haven't been anywhere like this area and it's a little out of my comfort zone. Plus, a lot of people speak english here! It's like really nice homes in the middle of these fields. It's like someone took these huge homes and just plopped them in the middle of fields and cows. So it's throwing me off a bit, but it's nice :) We actually live in a house too! All my other homes have been on the second story or apartments, but this is actually a  house! The only problem is that we don't have water and some people aren't very happy about that. I'm totally fine without water, there's a lot of easy solutions of what we can do, but it's bringing a hard toll on some of the other sisters in the house. 

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm sorry this one is a short one, but there will be plenty more to write the next time I believe :) Thank you all for your love and support, your emails, your prayers. Each one is felt and each one plays a role in the missionary work. I love you all and have a great week!

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

P.S. Miss you mom! I know mother's day is in a couple of weeks, so we need to figure out a time and day to skype. Our group leader said he could hook up his computer to the tv in the chapel so we can have a nice big screen! But we'll see what happens. But I figured it wasn't too early to say that I love you and really missed you this past week ... or more like these past couple of days. You're one of the only people on this earth that actually understands me and knows how to help me. You too dad. I miss your hugs. And to be honest, I'm the one that's proud to have you as a dad. My friends are really looking forward to meeting you ... they might've heard a few stories about your craziness ... hahaha love you guys! Please give everyone a hug for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment