Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy Day, All is Well!


So, all is well here! First off, thanks for the package! Yups, received it this past thursday! Thank you so much for the chocolate and the notes!! Needless to say, my comp and I are very happy :D Also dad, it's the DL that interviews our investigators.

So this past week was pretty amazing. Stressful, frustrating, tiring, but amazing, as always.All is well in this little island.  Needless to say, I'm learning a lot about patience. I'm going to keep this email a little short so that I can upload pics, but I had my interview with my mission president this past week. It's every couple of months or so, but man, I love having an opportunity to talk with president! He's really amazing. But one thing that he had us do (well, that he was inspired to have us do) is read our mission manual and write down improvements that we can make or things we can do better based on this book. It was a great learning activity and I hope to be a better missionary the next time that I see him. But it got me thinking what we as people, or better yet, as members can do better and what can we use as our "manual." I came up with the scriptures. A lot of times, we just read the stories and think wow, I learned a lot from Ammon or a lot from Nephi. But the real question is, did we apply it? I've learned that through personal application of what we learn in the scriptures is how we can become better people. Maybe just applying one verse in our lives, every day. So, my invitation is that everyone choose a story out of the BOM and write down all the attributes that protagonist has. Then, apply them. I know it's gonna be a little hard to do sometimes, but I know that every day, we can always become better people, better sisters, better brothers, better members, better friends, and better sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. 

Thank you all for your love and support and for your prayers for the missionaries! Love you all and take care!

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment