Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, February 16, 2015

Feliz Cumpleanos!!


First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!! I know it's a little late, but just wanted to wish you a happy birthday from the DR! I love you so much and am so grateful for all that you so for me and the family. Thank you for making the decisions that you made because thanks to you, I have the opportunity to be here, serving a mission in the Dominican Republic. I hope you had a great day!!

And as for everyone else, thank you for the emails!! And happy belated valentines day!! And yes, we do celebrate valentines day here. These people find every opportunity they get to have a party :) and boy, do they party! For valentines day, it was quite an interesting day. My comp and I both bought some chocolate the day before :D and ate some in the morning. Then we did service. First, we went and helped one of our investigators do laundry for her work.She's a maid in a house and when we went there, we met the daughter of the family she works for ... aka, potential future investigator. she's only 14, so we're going to pass by during the week when the rest of her family is home, but she's super cool. Then, we cooked for one of the family's in the ward. We were supposed to do that early, but we forgot ... so when they called us, we left immediately and cooked for the family. ... aka 11 people! we made fried chicken with mashed potatoes and they all said that we liked it. It was a little stressful at first, but me and Hermana Nazaire could just laugh cause we had almost no idea what we were doing! hahaha but it turned out good, if not a little late! hahaha later that night, we helped hermana Diaz a little with her laundry and talked with them. Oh! Which reminds me...

We have 3 baptisms for the 7 of March! 1st, is Robert! He finally accepted his date and the way he told us, we were not expecting anything. we just passed by his house one day and said hi, and he invited us in. so we talked to him about random stuff and out of the blue just says, "I'm going to get baptized on the 7th." Yeah, it was so awesome! We had literally no idea what else to teach him or do for him other than baptism, so when he told us this, we were more than thrilled! haha, also, the Diaz family accepted! We went with them and put the date with them as a goal and almost immediately, Hermana Diaz told me that we need to change the date because she has her class that she's studying for and all that... but when we went back to them the other night, she told us "you know, the Lord put this date for us and I'm going to pray and have the faith that I will be ready for this day." It was amazing! Her husband, the first night that we put the date with them, he told us "I'm ready! I'm ready to be baptized! But I don't want to get baptized without my wife. But when she gives the word, we'll do it. If she says we'll get baptized tomorrow, we'll get baptized tomorrow. If she says next week, we'll get baptized next week." So it's just a matter of time. But they basically are members. Hermana Diaz even shared her testimony in fast and testimony meeting. We're super excited for the 7th of March, but now it's all in the Lord's hands. I know we're gonna have challenges, and a lot at that, but if it's the Lord's will, he'll help us. 

Anyway, that's about all for this week. I'm doing good here and loving the mission. I know I don't outright just say that every week, but I do love it and am trying to take advantage of every moment because I know that in 1 year, it'll all be a dream, which is really scary to think about. But I'm grateful for this opportunity I have to serve my Lord, my God and to share the testimony I have. And the scripture that says "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your Lord" is so true, as well as the phrase that the teacher is taught from her students. I know I'm a missionary and that I'm doing a lot of teaching, but it feels that I'm being taught more than I'm teaching! The Lord really does work in mysterious ways haha but I hope and encourage all that who are able, to serve missions. It's one of the greatest decisions one will ever make! 

Thank you all for your love and support. Love you all and take care! 

Love, aloha, y amor,
Hermana Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment